Municipal Solid Waste Management and Resource Recovery Advisory Council
- About This Advisory Council
- 2013 Meeting Dates and Agendas
- Highlights of Meetings
- For Additional Information
Municipal Solid Waste Management and Resource Recovery Advisory Council (Council) members are appointed for six-year staggered terms by the TCEQ Commissioners. The legislative act can be found in the Texas Health and Safety Code, Chapter 363, Sections 041-046.
The Advisory Council shall:
- review and evaluate the effect of state policies and programs on municipal solid waste management;
- make recommendations to the TCEQ Commissioners on matters relating to municipal solid waste management;
- recommend legislation to encourage the efficient management of municipal sold waste;
- recommend policies for the use, allocation, or distribution of the planning fund that includes:
- identification of statewide priorities for use of funds;
- the manner and form of application for financial assurance; and
- criteria, in addition to those to be evaluated in establishing priorites for providing financial assistance to applicants;
- recommend special studies and projects to further the effectiveness of municipal solid waste management and resource recovery.
- Thursday, January 17, 2013 - Completed.
- Thursday, April 11, 2013 - Completed.
- Thursday, July 18, 2013 - The draft agenda will be posted once approved. Please check back for updates.
- Thursday, October 10, 2013
- January 13, 2011 - January Highlights
- April 14, 2011 - April Highlights
- July 21, 2011 - July Highlights
- October 6, 2011 - October Highlights
- January 5, 2012 - January Highlights
- April 5, 2012 - April Highlights
- July 19, 2012 - July Highlights
- October 4, 2012 - October Highlights
- January 17, 2013 - January Highlights
- April 11, 2013 - Highlights will be posted once approved at the next meeting, July 18, 2013.
Members represent various interests, which include city and county solid waste agencies, public solid waste districts or authorities, commercial solid waste landfills, planning regions, environmental perspectives, city and county governments, financial advisors, registered waste tire processors, professional engineers, solid waste professionals, composting/recycling companies and the general public representatives.
Advisory Council Members: Term Expiration on 8/31/2013:
- Thomas Brown
Fort Worth, Texas
A representative from a solid waste management organization composed primarily of commercial operators.
- Hector Chavez, Director of Public Works
City of Eagle Pass, Texas
A person who is experienced in the management and operation of a composting or recycling facility or an educator with knowledge of the design and management of solid waste facilities.
- H.C. Clark, Ph.D.
A general public representative.
- The Honorable Mayor John Monaco
City of Mesquite, Texas
An elected official from a municipality with a population between 100,000 or more but less than 750,000.
- The Honorable Council Member Paul Polasek
City of Victoria, Texas
An elected official from a municipality with a population between 25,000 and 100,000.
- David S. Yanke
SAIC Energy, Environment & Infrastructure, LLC
A representative from the financial community.
Advisory Council Members: Term Expiration on 8/31/2015:
- Robert (Holly) Holder , P.E.,
Parkhill, Smith & Cooper, Inc .
A professional engineer from a private engineering firm with experience in the design and management of solid waste facilities.
- Terry Humpheys
Liberty Tire Services
San Antonio, Texas
A registered waste tire processor.
- Maria Elena Quintanilla
South Plains Association of Governments
A representative from a planning region.
- Charles Rivette, P.E., Operations Manager (Advisory Council President)
Waste Management Inc.
A solid waste professional with experience managing or operating a commercial solid waste landfill.
- Mark Rose, Texas Compost Advisory Council
A repesentative from a private environmental conservation organization.
An elected official from a county with population less than 150,000.
Advisory Council Members: Term Expiration on 8/31/2017:
- Arden Vance Kemler
Manager of Solid Waste and Recycling Department, City of Denton
An official from a city or county solid waste agency.
- The Honorable Council Member Linda Koop
Councilmember, City of Dallas
An elected official from a municipality with a population of 750,000 or more.
- Jeffrey Mayfield, P.E.
North Texas Municipal Water District, Solid Waste System Manager
A representative from a public solid waste district or authority.
- The Honorable County Commissioner Maurice Pitts, Jr.
Lee County Commissioner
An elected official from a county of any population size.
- The Honorable Leo Smith
City Administrator, Bangs
A representative of the general public.
An elected official from a municipality with a population fewer than 25,000.
For Additional Information
Please contact the Waste Permits Division, please e-mail email@example.com and type "MSW Advisory Council" in the subject line.
Standard Mailing Address: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, Waste Permits Division, P.O. Box 13087, MC-126, Austin, TX 78711-3087
Overnight Mailing Address: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, Waste Permits Division, 12100 Park 35 Circle, Bldg. A, MC-126, Austin, TX 78753
Note: If directing others to this webpage, you may provide the abbreviated address: